Sunday, May 23, 2010

Pozor Medved!

After seeing "Robin Hood" on Friday night, I obviously had to go out to traipse among some trees on Saturday. So I was walking along, trying to avoid getting covered in mud, when I noticed a strange footprint in the track before me. My first thought was to wonder why someone was walking around barefoot out there. When I saw a few more prints I realized that they had claws.
Lo, we have heard tell that there are bears round these parts, but, having not seen them, I had not believed. I've been more afraid of people than animals, because I hadn't seen anything more dangerous than a fox, and that from afar; but I know that there are people with guns, and am unable to communicate that I am but walking harmlessly and will get off your land, no need to shoot me. Now I have incontrovertible evidence that there are FREAKIN' BEARS HERE and I could be eaten at any moment.

For scale, please observe my funny-lookin' hand next to a front and rear print. For further scale, my hand is about eight inches from heel to middle fingertip. Also, it's not nearly as pasty as it looks in these pictures.

No comments: