Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Day Fifteen

Home Again, Home Again

We had breakfast, loaded the buses, and got on our way to Frankfurt. It was pretty uneventful, until we were sitting around waiting for our flight. We were on the second floor, right next to a big glass partition that looked out over the main floor. All of a sudden I heard...bagpipes. I looked around to see if I was hallucinating; several other people also had quizzical looks, so I figured they heard them, too. I got up and looked around, and on the main floor was a piper in full regimental dress, playing for some men in uniform. It was like they knew I was going to be there.

I'd like to thank the following people for being such an integral part of my experience. These are the people without whom my trip would not have been the same, or even possible. They are:

my parents; the Hs; all the directors, especially Mr. Cole; Alex; Clive; Nathaniel and Jared; Josie and Nicole; the moms; Erich, Sven, and Cole; Heather, Jenna, Steven, Zach, Amy, Justin, and Cassie; and Amy, Liz, Sarah, Brian, Curtis, Jenna, Emily, and Sarah.

My life flows on in endless song
Above earth's lamentation

I hear the real though far-off hymn

That hails a new creation

Above the tumult and the strife

I hear its music ringing

It sounds an echo in my soul
How can I keep from singing?

No comments: