Tuesday, April 7, 2009

FYI: Homecoming Scotland

2009 is the 250th anniversary of the birth of one Robert Burns, most famous of Scotland's poets. To celebrate this important year, the Scottish government and the tourism board have launched a series of events called "Homecoming Scotland." I stumbled across the website yesterday, and decided it fell under the purview of the blog here. The name and theme, coming home, is, although a calculated promotional tool, quite an effective one. At the very least, it's worked on me. I most likely won't get to Scotland this year, alas, but I really wish I could. The website has a nice little advert, as we say in our British textbooks; watch it here, or here if the first link fails. Do watch it. Sean Connery says lovely things to you in it.

No comments: